Well here we are in Florida, so far the weather has been in the 80s everyday. A far cry from Oregon where the highs have been in the 40's since we left and I believe rainy too.
Sarah and Audrey arrived on Wednesday last week. She and Audrey enjoyed lazing around the grandparents house and enjoying local playgrounds. I arrived Saturday after a nice redeye from the west coast (lucky for us Sarah left the day before the Oregon windstorm and I left the day after). That night we went to see the"Altar Boyz" with the grandparents. It was a surprisingly funny musical and Sarah the most skeptical to start was one over by the humor (at the expense of the catholic religion...).
The next day Audrey's cousins Aidan and Quincy arrived (and their parents too...). The three have been playing ever since. Lots of play at the house with the stash of toys that grandma has collected and also one day at the beach. Each kid got the chance to ride in Granddad's boat in the Gulf of Mexico and Sarasota Bay. They all thoroughly enjoyed it.
Today the Sarah, Kay (sister) , Granddad and Aidan went fishing. No victims came home with them, but they did return with some stories. I will leave the Sarah in the bay story for her to tell, since firsthand is always better. The rest of us stayed at home and made cookies and played (a much drier and less storied tale).
I am usually criticized for my grammar and prose in my posts, so I will end it there. There has been lots of activity over the phone on the adoption front, while we have been here, but I will leave that discussion for another time.
Merry Christmas all,
Rob
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment